Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's been awhile...

Wow! I have had my blog on time-out for a few months almost, and I've decided it's time to catch up! :) Well, these past few months have been a bit (extremely) crazy for us! Despite all of the craziness, however, we have still managed to find a little time to have a lot of fun! For the fourth of July, we went to the Stadium of Fire, where I took a group of girls up to perform. The kids were excited to see Miley Cirus, but a bit dissapointed that they didn't know her songs (we love Hannah Montana songs at our house:) The next day, I took the kids to Cedar City for the week to stay with Jed, Sarin
and Jasha! We had a great time! We went swimming, did some fire works, went to St.George, laid sod (that's right...sod! and it was fun!!), we all got our hair done...Thanks Aunt Sarin!! And Tayvi got a manicure! Not to mention all the fun time spent with "Cousin Zeus," Jed's dog. :) It was a great break away from "real life" and much needed! I even got to take a nap while we were there, so it was well worth the trip! :) A few weeks ago, we spent the weekend with my family up at the cabins. We went riding four-wheelers, took family pictures (all cordinated thanks to Mom), played in the little "river" and just had a fun time.
Life goes by so fast doesn't it! Only a few more weeks and my little Logan boy will be starting kindergarten! He can't wait, but I'm having a hard time believing that I'm old enough to have a kid in school! Isn't it funny where life gets you? For those of you checking in on how things are "really" going, we are still in the "unexpected" stage of our life, but we are doing good :) I have so many people who are so wonderful to me! Thanks to all of you who have given me books to read, food to "put some meat on," and for all of the many prayers, and much love! I am forever grateful to a Heavenly Father who knows me, and has a plan for me...even if I don't know what that plan consists of! I know that he will be with me in all that I need to endure! How do people live without that knowledge! I know I couldn't!!!

7 comments:

nancy said...

Life does throw you on a roller coaster you NEVER in your whole life EVER thought you would ride. (Your mom did a great job of picking the colors for your photo.) I know that the Gospel is something that you fall back on but also know that in those dark moments its hard to not ask why.

Your have a beautiful family and your extended family is great and you will make it!!

I can't believe how big Jasha bug got as well..

Thanks for the update

Jana said...

We were in Utah for the 4th too and thought about going to the Stadium of Fire (Emma loves Hannah) and trying to watch from a nearby hill but didn't think it would work out...though what we ended up doing didn't work well either...
Looks like some fun things!

Tammy said...

I am so glad that you thought of Lexi when Shayla stopped dancing. She had a blast and you are so good with her.

I know that life is tough and that you never know what is going to happen. Like you, I relied on the Lord a lot! and I don't know what I would have done withou Him.

Know that I think about you daily and hope that things work out the way that is intended for you and your kids. I have been through a lot and understand more than what people think. Please, if you need to vent or need someone to listen to you can always email me at galejota@yahoo.com. There were many times that I just wanted to hug you and let you know that I love you and that I am there for you whenever you need. Even though I am hours away and miles away, through the magic of technology I can still be there if you need someone on the "outside".

Love you. Also, you can go and visit Lexi's blog at www.lexisviewontheworld.blogspot.com.

Laneea said...

Weird. . . I was thinking about you today so I decided to read your blog. It seems that your name keeps floating into my mind. After reading your blog and comments I pray all is well with you. It is fun to see pics of your kids.

Jocie said...

Ok this is random, but I have a dog named Zues too. He is a pug and we love him. I hope you are doing well and I can't believe your kids are so big. Has it really been that long?

Nicky said...

I love reading your blog! I know how much the Gospel does help. I have seen it with my own family (man, we've all posted! :)) I do think about you all the time and wonder if you are ok. It was good to see you and able to talk to you while the girls were practicing for the Stadium of Fire. I am glad you FINALLY updated! :)

McKelle said...

Yeah, a new post! Wish we could have done more while I was home. It was not good timing to come home but it was good to see everyone! Know that I keep you and Doug in my prayers and think about you and the kids daily! Love Ya!